Promote your company by supporting Coronaweer 2.0
We have been working tirelessly on COVID-19 research for over a year. Our research, “Environmental risk factors of airborne viral transmission: Humidity, Influenza and SARS-CoV-2 in the Netherlands“, after undergoing peer-review, has finally been published. Unfortunately policymakers have been very slow to adopt our scientific findings.
Sadly, the consequence of this slow adoption also means that people are not taking the best possible prevention measures.
This despite the fact that, through our research, we have been able to accurately predict the increase of cases, hospitalization and mortality rates in the Netherlands. Months in advance. This proves that humidity plays a major role in the spread of this horrible disease, that has impacted so many people.
Our goal is to influence policymakers by spreading the awareness about the influences of weather. Such as humidity.
One of the ways we do this is through our website Coronaweer. Coronaweer acts as a “Weather Radar for COVID“.
They say: “The proof of the pudding is in the eating“. By providing accurate predictions we hope to “Prove the pudding“.
By updating Coronaweer we can do that even better!
Coronaweer 2.0, a weather radar for COVID-19
Coronaweer is a cloud-based platform that collects data in-realtime from 37 weather stations of the KNMI (Dutch National Weather Service) and automatically converts relative humidity into specific humidity. It also integrates daily COVID-19 related data from RIVM (The National Institute for Public Health and the Environment), while also integrating data population data from CBS (The National Statistical office).
Updates that we would like to do
Right now Coronaweer already provides valuable insights. But to get the most out of it a visitor needs to interpret the data. We have already shared many videos, teaching people on how to interpret the data. But it’s not user-friendly enough. That is why we are working on an updated version of Coronaweer. We believe that these updates will increase usability and provide even more valuable insights. All in the hopes of increasing awareness and even help shape future policies. This is a (non-exhaustive) list of things we want to achieve, using current and regional weather– and COVID-19 data:
- Redesign the site (User Interface) to make it more user- and layman friendly
- Support additional languages, such as: English, French, German, Italian and Spanish
- Integrate additional weather data, such as Solar Radiation (Q)
- Provide insight into the current prevalence of SARS-CoV-2, per municipality
- Provide insight into the current risk of contracting COVID-19, per municipality
- Provide insight, using weather forecasts, into the future risk of contracting COVID-19, per municipality.
- Showcase current and historical COVID-19 and Weather Data, per municipality
- Showcase current and forecasted herd immunity levels, per municipality.
- Lay the groundwork for the support of additional countries
Our goal is to weaponize data, our models and technology in the fight against COVID-19.
Corporate Sponsorship Opportunity
Coronaweer already gets a lot of visitors. But with these updates we expect the traffic to increase substantially. And that’s where your company can benefit.
By supporting our work, your company – for a full year after launching the new site – gets a logo, with a link to the URL of your choosing. We are offering 4 levels of Corporate Sponsorship.
- 2 hours of COVID Prevention advice
- Logo and URL on homepage
- Name, logo and URL in the platinum section of the sponsorpage
- Logo and URL on homepage
- Name, logo and URL in the gold section of the sponsorpage
- Name, logo and URL in the silver section of the sponsorpage
- Name and URL in the bronze section of the sponsorpage
How it works
Its very easy.
- Create an account
- Add one of the options (platinum, gold, silver or bronze) to your cart
- Checkout and pay
We automatically get a message when a sponsorship has been completed.
We’ll contact you to get the relevant information, such as Name, Logo and URL.
Viroless does not promote organisations or causes that may pose an ethical, cultural, safety or environmental risk or whose role or actions may conflict with Viroless interests, reputation or goals.
Excluded organisations/activities include but are not limited to:
- Groups that discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, nationality, or sexual orientation
- Religious activities, initiatives or programmes
- Religious activities or sectarian programmes in whole or in part, for the purpose of furthering religious doctrines
- Organisations perceived to be associated with the promotion of illegal substances or activities
- Organisations perceived to be associated with the promotion of pornography